Thursday, January 22, 2009

our trip up north


I am new to the whole bloging thing so please forgive me if this is messy or anything.

this is Richard's Grandma and Grandpa

This is my Family plus
Plus my Grandma Simmons

and my nephew Dylan

So we recently went on a trip to see family in Utah and Idaho. The trip was great besides running into a snow storm on our way up and some car trouble. We had so much fun visiting with family and some of my friends. I am so grateful we were able to take this trip I haven't seen my family for over 2 years and because Richard's family moved up to Farmington this summer we haven't seen them for a while too. We also had the opportunity to visit with my grandma who is in Idaho.

Amanda had lots of fun playing in the snow... as long as she didn't have to touch it. It was her first time ever playing in the snow and she thought that it was really cold, which I guess it was.

We drove a lot and the kids fell asleep quite a bit luckily. Amanda had a hard time with all the driving since she doesn't usually sleep in the car very well. She looked so cute I had to take a picture of her sleeping.

I was so grateful for the opportunity to visit with my Grandma Wogan, she has been having a lot of small stro
kes over the last 3 years. It was a great blessing to have her here to see Amanda again and Gabe for the first time. she was so happy to see us, my aunts and Uncles didn't tell her that we were comming to see her so it was a total surprise.

While we were visiting with Richard's family his mom and I desided to go get our hair done by my brother-in-laws sister. I loved
the way our hair turned out, and the fact that it was so much cheeper to get it done there than it is here!

We also got to go visit with one of the great women in my life, Cathy Step
hens. Cathy is one of the leaders I had in Young Womens, she would come pick me up for activities and to go to church, and let me sit with her family on sundays. I would have liked to get together with the other leader that I had that got me to start going to church again but I was unable to contact her.

All in all it was a wonderful trip. I am so very grateful for the opportunity that we had to go. Amanda and Gabe did surprising well, and we were able to see many more friends and family than I have mentioned here.

Richard's Mom and Dad with
the kids.

1 comment:

TheLadiesRoom said...

Yeah for pictures! I'm glad that you got it working for ya! Fun pics. Sounds like you guys had a really nice time!