Tuesday, April 28, 2009

my love, my heart...

I am hopefully getting permission to go without the boot tomorrow from the Doctor. It has been almost 9 weeks since I hurt myself, and we have had many things going on in that time, a move, many illnesses, and the fact that I couldn't move well.

As I reflect back on the last 9 weeks or so I cant remember a time when my wonderful husband hasn't been there to help me with taking care of the kids, making dinner, cleaning house, and the countless other things that he has done. I am so grateful for all the help he has given me. I have found myself falling for Richard in a whole new way, and more than I ever thought possible. I honestly do not know what I would do if I didn't have him in my life. I hate to think what my
life would be like had I not met him or made some other choices in my life.

I have to explain... When I was growing up I was always friends with guys but never had a real "boy friend". In college being in the Singles Ward, and not getting any interest from the guys, I started to think that I would become an old maid (I know now that it was silly to think that when I was so young). I wanted to have a boy friend so badly that when a classmate started to pay attention to me and asked me to date him, I almost did. I knew that it wouldn't work out, he belonged to a different religion that would have created contention between the two of us. Luckily the Spirit touched me, and Heavenly Father was directing me elsewhere. I found a quote that I had been given in Young Women's that said that you marry who you date, and I wanted a temple marriage. So I told this guy that I couldn't date him, needless to say he was very upset with me. I prayed about it later that night, asking what should I do, and finally told Heavenly Father I was leaving my love life up to him. After the prayer I felt the spirit telling me, "Heather, be patient, you will meet him soon, just be patient". Two weeks later Richard and I met, that is a whole story in and of its own.

I just think, what if I had been dating that guy? Would I have met Richard? Would I have even payed any attention to him if I did? I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who led me to someone so kind and loving, and that could give me the temple marriage that I wanted, not to mention a worthy priesthood holder.

I am so thankful for a husband that gives so much of himself for our family, those who we call family and friends, and to those whom he sees are in need of help.

Richard, I love you for always!

No comments: