Monday, March 2, 2009

What happened????

For those of you who have been wondering what happened to my leg and haven't heard.... Here is the story.

Richard and I were painting some of the rooms in the new house, we were able to finish 2 rooms and were planning on working on one more and then we would call it a day. I was in the Gabe's room painting, and trying to get up higher on the wall so that Richard would not have to do so much work, as he was following me around the rooms getting what I could not reach. How was I trying to get up higher you ask, well I was jumping up and down. I was able to finish two walls with no problems, I started on the third wall and while painting the thought came to me (I later realized that it was the spirit telling me this), "Heather you should stop jumping". I figured that since I had been doing it all day that I would be OK to keep doing it. I'll bet that it wasn't even 2 seconds later I jumped and landed wrong. I heard a loud snap and was on the floor.

What is funny is the fact that it happened right around 5:00 so the Dr. office was closed, so we decided to wait until the next day which happened to be Friday to get me to the Dr. Unfortunately the Dr. office was booked, so we went to the ER instead, and drum roll please........ I broke my ankle. According the the Dr. in the ER I am going to be layed up for the next 6 to 8 weeks. This is great! NOT!!!!

I have come to the conclusion that there have been a couple things to learn from this trial.

1) You should ALWAYS listen and follow through with what the spirit tells you.
2) I have to ask for help when I need it. (this is a thing that I absolutely HATE to do)
3) To be grateful for little things like a working leg.
4) That even though you disobey Heavenly Father will not tell you I told you so and make your life miserable, he will provide a way to make things work out. You may suffer still but not as much as you could.

I hope that I learn these lessons well.

I have to thank all of you who have helped out so much so far. I could never put into words just how truly grateful I am. I thank all of you who have volunteered to help me through the remainder of the time as well. Also thank you for all of you out there who have been praying for me, your prayers have been heard and are felt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darn it...you must be in a lot of pain. Sorry! I hope you heal well and are able to get that cast off really soon!