Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A's quilt

I have been going over to R's Grandma's house for quilting lessons. This is a talent that I have wanted to learn for quite a while, and one day I decided I would ask Grandma if she would be willing to help me learn. Grandma is an awesome quilter, she made a beautiful quilt for us when we got married and she has made some beautiful quilts for the kids when they were born too. I knew that if I were to learn from anybody, she would be the one to ask. Not to mention that it would give me time to get to know her better.

I have been enjoying spending time with Grandma learning a talent, a skill, that she loves so much. I think that it is helping us both out, in many ways, and we are having alot of fun as we do it.

After a couple of lessons on basic cutting, and trying out a couple of small blocks, we decided to jump right in and start working on a quilt. So I decided to make a quilt for A since we are going to be moving her into a twin sized bed (hopefully) soon.

Here are some pics of what the pattern looks like and what I have been working on so far. The pattern is in some really bright colors, I am doing it in some more pastel colors to match A's room.

No comments: