Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas Day started out with me and the kids eating our traditional Christmas breakfast: "German waffles". I don't know for sure if they are a German thing, but there is a story as to why we call them that. One year when I was in primary our ward at church had our Christmas party in the morning and we had a breakfast for our meal. There was a family in our ward that had moved to Utah from Germany and they were in charge of the meal. They made us these wonderful waffles covered in chocolate or vanilla pudding and lots of whipped cream. I LOVED it! After R and I started having kids and wanted to start some traditions I thought they would be a great thing to have for our breakfast on Christmas morning. So that is where that comes from...

After breakfast the kids and I watched some tv, waiting for the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade... Another tradition.

A little disclaimer, R had to work that on Christmas so that is why you are seeing that its just the kids and I doing these things.

After the parade was over we ate lunch and kids went down for nap, and Mommy went to work filling stockings and getting things ready for Christmas dinner.

We had a wonderful dinner of Ham, creamy mashed potatoes (with cream cheese, sour cream, and green onions in it YUM!), homemade cranberry sauce, fresh baked rolls, fruit salad, and broccoli and corn in a cheesy butter sauce... after eating all that we were too full to eat the Dutch apple and pumpkin pies.

We had lots of fun opening presents, or the kids did and parents had fun watching the excitement on their faces. Here are some pics of what was given this year.
Christmas PJ's (we open these on Christmas eve)

A's Belle and Aurora Barbies


G's Buzz Lightyear, he also got some Bullseye and Rex figures

R got me kitchen gadgets, 2 oil dispensers (so I can start making
flavored oils), a shaker, a syrup container, and collapsible
measuring cups! I love to cook so he usually gets me
new things every year since I wont
buy them for myself.

I gave R a lego starwars ship with 5 figures,
I recently discovered just how much my husband loves Legos.

Scripture case and Book of Mormon from
Grandma and Grandpa H.

Boffer Swords from our Friends A and M

And the movies we got. We try to pick up some movies
every year at the day after Thanksgiving sales. We got
some really good ones this year.

We also received some really yummy chocolates and fudge from R's mom and dad.

I am so thankful for my Savior who's birthday we celebrate this time of year. I am thankful for all he did while he was on this earth to provide us with the ultimate example. And I am very Grateful for his atonement for our sins so that I may live with my Heavenly Father and Savior again someday.

I hope all of you readers had a wonderful Christmas as well.

No comments: