A was very upset with me today. While we were supposed to be eating lunch she and G were playing around instead. When I told the kids that they had played around enough and I was taking their lunch away A started throwing a fit. I told her that she needed to calm down and that her lunch was already gone. She then yelled at me "NEED SAY PRAYER!"
I have been trying to teach her that being angry and upset are emotions that we feel but Heavenly Father can help us to let go of those feelings. I was so happy to see that she is getting it. When we are upset if we pray for help Heavenly Father will help us to be happy again.
After saying a prayer and getting G down for quiet time, it was time for school (I'm going to blog about that next... although its going to appear above... anyways). In the short story that A read today there was mad ant. After you read the story you ask the child questions about the story to make sure they are comprehending what they are reading. One of the questions asked, "what do you think the ant is going to do?" She answered by telling me "He need say prayer".
I am so proud of my little girl! She is learning how to deal with her emotions in a positive way.
Front of the House
12 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment