Wednesday, April 20, 2011

strange cravings

I have heard of women having strange cravings when pregnant, but have never experienced it till this pregnancy.

My strange craving isn't so much a food item that I want to eat, but things that I can't get enough of smelling wise.

I am finding that I want to smell bleach, dish washer soap, Windex, hand sanitizer, pine sol floor cleaner, and other cleaning supplies. I am starting to get a bit worried at how much I want to smell them. Hand sanitizer (while its still wet and full of rubbing alcohol smell) and the Windex especially. I have to avoid using them so that I don't get tempted.

This reminds me of the commercial from a few years ago about a woman who craved the smell of Gain laundry soap. I am sure if I had any of that around I would be craving smelling that too :)

R is starting to joke around about having to hide these items from me. Although sometimes I wonder if its more serious than joking around... Just to be clear, I am NOT opening up bottles of cleaning supplies and sniffing them all day, so don't worry about that.

I'm just glad its not something crazy that I want to eat, I have heard some really CRAZY things that pregnant women are craving... Stucco walls, wet dog food, and a few others. To those I just say YUCK!!! But I am starting to see how something that sounds so silly or crazy really can become such a big craving.

Thankfully this pregnancy is getting closer to being over, and I wont be tempted by all those wonderful smells anymore, hopefully.

1 comment:

Jonesy said...

That is absolutely funny. I bet your house has never been cleaner :)