Thursday, March 1, 2012

And so it continues :)

I've got to post this somewhere, but on Facebook seems silly since its not another HUGE amount lost, so I think I'll put it here.

I have lost count of how many weeks I've been working out and eating healthier, but I'm continuing to do it. I'm figuring out some stuff while I do it too which is nice, and very relieving.

I am finding that I actually like vegetarian meals alot more than I thought that I would. Black beans taste alot like meat (and I put them in alot of things) so I hardly notice the difference. I have to say that R has been noticing the difference though and isn't as happy about it. --a total 180 of when we got married and I was the one that had to have meat in everything and he was the one that didn't want it, but nearly 7 years can change your tastes-- I'm trying to find a good balance between vegetarian meals and ones with meat in them that aren't high in calories. I'm very glad I found the "blogosphere" with all the yummy recipes on them --although I have to admit that I have bookmarked and Pined quite a few not so healthy recipes to try out on my cheat day (Sunday)-- I have even found one blog that is all about healthy eating and low fat recipes! Now if those recipes didn't include so many expensive ingredients.

So far I have lost about 14 lbs, I am one pound from my pre pregnancy with G, and pre broken ankle weight! I have lost 1 dress size too, although I am a bit confused as to if going from one even # to the next even # down is one or two sizes, if its 2 than I have dropped more than I thought!

R is starting to loose some wight too, not that he is trying, but the lack of snack foods and candy in the pantry/freezer and healthier meals are helping out. :)

Although I'm not perfect every week with working out as much as I told myself I would, I try and I'm always below or right on target for my calories for the day. I can't wait to get down to the dress size and weight I was when R and I got married (is it too much to hope that it might happen before our anniversary in 5 months?). I know I will get there one day -- as long as my hips haven't been stretched out from 3 pregnancies-- and who knows maybe I will keep going and loose some more since even then I was on the edge of being "fluffy" according to my BMI. If not that's fine too, as long as I feel better about myself and I'm getting healthier for my children and myself.

So here's my challenge to all of you, if you aren't doing something to be healthy right now, start walking or something everyday. I know I want to be there for my kids in the future and not have them worry about me dieing too young (as I sometimes worry for my own parents). I hope that you all might make a choice now to be there for your family and friends too!

No comments: