R's Mom told us a couple of years ago that these are the years that we make lasting friendships. It wasn't until this last weekend when we found out that our ward was being split that I realized just how true that statement is. Some of the closest friends that I have made out here are now in 2 different wards (they split our ward into 3 wards, kinda complicated to explain for those of you not in the area).
I have to admit I was really sad at first. It reminded me of when I was in Young Woman's and they split the ward that I was in. I had been going to Church by myself for almost 2 years (my family was inactive), and my friend's family let me sit with them during sacrament meeting. I remember thinking that I wouldn't have them to sit with and I wouldn't see all my friends on Sunday anymore it was unbelievable. I remember sitting in the car with my friend's family and crying the entire way back from stake conference. So the same feelings came over me a bit when I found out that our ward was going to be split.
I then realized that just as I had gone to a new ward in the past, with out knowing anyone, and having to sit by myself during sacrament, I could do it again. Only this time it would be easier, I have my own little family to sit with now. Although its rough at times with "Little Man" and "little Momma" I get to sit with them and R every Sunday. And there are some of my friends from Church moving into this new ward with us. Important to mention as well, is the fact that I have made friendships that I hope will last a life time, and longer. I will still go running with K, I will still have opportunities to go to park day (when we get a new car, or I feel up to waking up to drive R to work), we can still go to the FHE group once and a while, and I'll still get together with my friends to hang out and let our kids have play dates.
So all in all. I guess that I had a growing up moment, or saw just how grown up I am getting. Amazing.
Front of the House
12 years ago









2 comments:
I'm sure going to miss you all that are leaving our ward! I'm glad we'll still have park day!
I'm so glad you'll still be in our ward!
Post a Comment