We were put into a new ward for church a little over a month ago. I miss seeing my friends every Sunday at church, but I am growing to love the new ward. I have met lots of new people and look forward to getting to know them all better.
I have to admit I was a bit frightened when the Bishop asked us to be in the primary. I can deal with my kids, most of the time :) but sometimes I feel like that is all the kids I can deal with for the time being. I was a bit scared that we would be called into the Sunbeams since they still needed a teacher for A's class. When the bishop told us that he would like us to be the 11 year old teachers, I felt a bit relieved, but still worried that I might not be able to handle it. I know myself and know I don't have much patience for misbehaving children... which is probably why I am in the primary in the first place.
This past Sunday we taught for the first time, I have to admit, it was much easier than I was expecting. It might have something to do with the fact that I haven't subbed a class in the senior primary before and I wasn't the most reverent when I was in primary. The kids were respectful and knew some of the answers to the questions in the lesson.
We also found out that when they turn 12 they don't have to go to sharing/singing time anymore. I didn't know that due to the fact that I was inactive in the church during the time I would have changed from primary to young woman's. So after August (as long as there are no new class members with later birthdays) we will be able to go to Relief Society and Priesthood again. I LOVE that I will be able to go to Relief Society again.
I have a new Visiting Teaching route too. I am excited to get to know these sisters. I have to get it done every month too.... I have the Visiting Teaching coordinator and the Relief Society President as the people I visit teach. Now if only my partner will call me back I will get it done for this month. :)
R has another calling, but hasn't been sustained yet, so when he is I'll post it.
Funny story, this past Sunday when they were announcing all the callings they forgot to call our names. The Primary President was sitting right behind us, so she caught the attention of the Bishopric counselor in charge and let him know they forgot us. At the end of Sacrament meeting they announced they had forgotten a calling, so it was then that we were sustained for the primary calling. They still missed R's other calling though, so hopefully they will remember this week. Its good to know that even people in leadership can make mistakes like that. I don't feel so bad when I forget things when I know other people do it too.
Front of the House
12 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment