Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sad year for us :(

I have to start out by saying that this has been a pretty good year for the most part. I am thankful for all the blessings that Heavenly Father has given us.

This year has been sad though too. We have in just a matter of a couple of months lost 2 very important people in our lives. One of them we have been expecting, the other was rather sudden.


A few months ago R's Grandma H past away after a bad fall. Although I didn't have many chances to get to know her, I knew she loved me and our family. She spoke with a quiet gentle voice and she gave great hugs. I remember her being at our wedding, and being able to see her being part of our family not just for here on this earth, but part of it forever. I am grateful for her quiet example and her sweet loving spirit.




R's Grandpa F past away early this morning. He had been fighting Cancer and brain tumors for over a year. The Dr. said that he would only be with us for a couple more months, and yet he survived much longer than expected. Everyday he has been with us has been a miracle. I had more chances to get to know him than Grandma H, but I am sad to say that I didn't take them as often as I could have. I loved hearing stories about his life. This man has lived a very full life, doing almost anything that you could think a little boy would like to do. He was a cowboy, a security guard, he flew airplanes, a volunteer firefighter, he worked for SRP electrical as a line man, and most recently as a fire investigator, along with many other things. He was always willing to sit down and talk about his wonderful adventures, and things he had done in his life. I am so grateful for the chance that I had to get to know this wonderful man! R's mom has been working on putting together a book of Grandma and Grandpa's life story. I am so thankful that she was willing to take the time to do this. I can't wait to read it and get to know him better.

I have been so grateful for the opportunity I have had to have a grandpa near by. My Grandpa's had all past away before the time that I could really remember them (besides one whom I have very few memories of). I have been grateful for the opportunity to have another Grandma to love and to be loved by. With the passing of these wonderful people, I have realized just how grateful I am for the Grandmas that I had growing up, and I am thankful that they are still around. I hate to imagine what life would be like without them. I am thankful that we still have Grandma F and also Grandpa H. I hope they are with us for many years to come.

I am thankful for a loving Savior that made it possible to be with these people again someday. I am thankful for the knowledge that we have that their spirits live on, even if they have left their bodies behind. I am grateful for answers to prayers, that let me know that they are safe and happy.

No comments: