Wednesday, October 6, 2010

yup she is my daughter

I have decided that A is 100% my daughter, not that I had any doubts, but you'll see why in a second...

While trying to get A to go down for nap yesterday I decided to chase her down the hall to her room, in hopes that she might go faster....

BAD IDEA!!!

See that bruise over her eye...

Yup, that is a black eye, thankfully not the whole eye, but enough to look horrible (at least to me since I was the cause of it).

We play the chasing game all the time, but somehow this time she managed to hit what I am guessing is the door knob to her bedroom door, and wham-o she was on the floor crying like a mad woman.

Now this wouldn't be so bad except that we have a funeral to go to this week (see previous post) and a whole bunch of family coming into town. Now they are gonna think I beat her or something...

Or at least that is my fear.

Then to top it all off, while playing during nap time today she fell and has a nice bruise on her rump....

And while playing with G after nap time, she pierced her lip with a tooth, so now she has a swollen lip...

Why does this make her my daughter you ask? Well you see there is a gene that runs in my family, I got it from my mom, I am sure she got it from hers, and so on. We have the klutz gene, and with me, and now apparently A as well, it just so happens to kick in at the worst times possible....

Like 2 days before moving I broke my ankle.... Broke my hand just after moving and days before starting a new school.... breaking my toe before a big swimming trip.... the list goes on and on, with more than just breaking things, I just cant rack my brain at the moment to remember all those moments I have hidden away into the deepest darkest recesses of my brain.

I hope they find a cure to this gene before my grand kids get it. I'm telling you, its no fun at all.

2 comments:

Amber Miskin said...

I'm so sorry! Lucky for kids they don't feel the pain for long! :)

Anonymous said...

The good thing about that klutz gene (I have it, too), is that it makes for really strong people. Sure, we look like crap because of the bruises and scrapes and broken bones, but we can handle ANYTHING! That's the upside. :) Your little girl is very lucky to be like her mommy!