Saturday, December 31, 2011

R's surprise birthday party!

R's birthday is close to Christmas so his family celebrated it in July instead. I have decided to carry on this tradition so that he can have his birthday celebrated as well. Even if he says that he doesn't need it, I know he likes it!

With having a new baby I was slacking on the birthday celebration this year. While cooking dinner one night while some friends were over, M and I decided that we should throw him a surprise party. Since it was August already he wouldn't expect it at all :)

So after planing out how to get him out of the house, buying decorations, inviting family over, and getting the house set up. We celebrated R's 27 1/2 birthday! He was so surprised, and he never even suspected even with all the hush hush phone calls and a birthday card from Mom H (I'm not sure if she had heard about the party or not, but I thought for sure he would know after getting the card).

Our kids and Nieces and Nephew had so much fun with surprising him and playing with all the balloons. I was just glad that it was a surprise and he hadn't caught on.

---Note, I do have pictures of this, but for some strange reason Blogger just will not upload them, after waiting 15 min for it to upload one Pic. I say forget it! hopefully it will upload for other posts!

No comments: