Saturday, December 31, 2011

A's 5th Brithday

Its hard to believe that its been 5 years now since A was born. I remember so well the day she was born, it seems like it was just yesterday. A is becoming a child now, she's not a toddler or little girl anymore. I'm amazed at the things she does everyday to show just how big she is getting. From the way she is learning so much in school, to the ways she helps out here at home, helping C by playing with him when I'm busy in the kitchen, climbing up on the sink to get water for herself or G, making sure that G keeps himself out of trouble, and the ways that she is able to have a conversation with me now! There are times where I catch myself thinking when did she become this kid and not my little girl anymore? One of her favorite things to tell me about, besides her school day and about friends, is the things she dreams about at night. Its amazing to hear how she likes to play with her friends in her dream, especially dress up, and all the other things that she dreams of.

For A's Birthday this year she was very particular :) she wanted a Belle cake with a yellow dress, red roses, brown hair, red lips, brown eyes, etc... Belle seems to be her favorite Disney Princess. I made a cake that ended up being rather pretty considering I don't have much experience in decorating cakes. I stressed about it for a few months as she kept telling me what she wanted. I ended up just making a 2 layer cake with yellow frosting and piping a design on the sides that looked like Bells dress. I bought some red rose sugar flowers by Wilton company and a Belle doll to put on the top. Much easier than making the other ideas I had!

A got barbies, the quilt I've been working on, and a "new" bike from Aunt C, Uncle P, and cousin R. It was a fun birthday party. She loved the presents and the cake.

I cant wait to see how she continues to grow in the coming years, just don't let them pass too quickly!

--- I have pictures for this too, but it wont upload them :(

No comments: