This Halloween party at the church we wore the same costumes from last year, Alice in Wonderland themed. We made C in to a card (the Ace of hearts!) to go with Mommy's costume since I was holding him most of the night. And we remembered the Cat this time too! Unfortunately we forgot to get pictures AGAIN so no pics of the whole family. We did get some of the kids together but since blogger is not uploading pictures your not going to see them :(
This year we all helped to make a jack-o-lantern (the kids just helped with the guts, and A didn't do much because it was "icky". For Halloween decorations I made some fun little lantern things out of jars, tissue paper, and mod podge. We had different sized pumpkins, ghosts, a Frankenstein, and R made a storm trooper! A good use for all those old pickle jars.
A was able to wear her costume to school on Halloween day (as long as she wore her tie up shoes still). She had a blast wearing it and showing her friends her costume. She got to do some fun math activities with different candy and was able to eat them when she got home.
Halloween dinner was fun, we had a themed meal of mummy dogs (hot dogs cut in 1/2 and wrapped in cut is crescent rolls), 6 layer bean dip with a spider web of sour cream piped on top, a potion (lemonade died black and dry ice), and some other yummy themed food that I cant for the life of me remember. Goes to show I really need to blog about this stuff as it happens so I don't forget!
We took the kids around trick-or-treating around our block and the round about north of us and called it good. The kids got a bunch of candy and they got to have fun. G had insisted he HAD to wear the Spiderman costume he had received from a friend of mine (when her son had out grown it), and A was in her Alice costume. While we were out it was quite funny to see how popular Spiderman is with little boys, there were 3 including G in a row to hit one house, the lady that lived there almost turned G away because she thought he had just been there. Rand I were talking that night about how this was G's first real experience trick-or-treating since he was too young 2 years ago and the last year was on a Sunday so the kids didn't go out. I've got to say I think G enjoyed it more than anyone else too!
After getting kids to bed we (R and I, and our Friends M and A) watched Hocus Pocus and we gave out candy. We were good and put a vegetable tray next to the candy so if we wanted to snack on anything we would be reminded to eat healthy instead of junk... although I think we all ended up taking a few pieces of candy for ourselves :)
All in all it was a fun Halloween season, we made memories and started some new traditions.
Front of the House
12 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment