I don't know why blogger isn't letting me upload pictures :( I have so many fun pictures of Christmas... I'm going to load them on Facebook so just look for them there (I will get them up I just don't know when) :)
We started our Christmas the night before with watching the "Joy to the World" video that the Church sent out a few years ago. We wanted to make sure the kids remembered why we have Christmas. Then we sent them off to bed.
We ended up having to wake A up so that we could do Christmas presents before church. We opened presents and got lots of good fun stuff. A and G received mega blocks (I turned in pampers reward points for those), sand box toys, and other fun things from us. A also got barbie clothes and G a Buzz Lightyear pillow. I gave R more Lego Star Wars things and some Flamin' Hot Cheetos. He got a Star Wars Picture to hang in his office from friends A and M, Mom and Dad H gave him a Lego flashlight. my present from R is some really yummy smelling body butter ( white chocolate smell!), sugar scrub and some picture frames to put random family pictures in :) A and M gave me some pizza pans- that have been put to good use already, Mom and Dad H gave me an adorable cake tester! We also had family gifts of movies, games (THANK YOU M and M for the big box game you gave us! R seriously was jumping like a giddy school girl when he opened it up!). We got a nice electric griddle (with target gift cards) and a Blue ray player (swagbucks Amazon gift cards got us this almost for free!). I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but we got so much this year compared to most years I forget everything.
We had a yummy breakfast of "German waffles" - toaster waffles with chocolate pudding and whipped cream- and juice.
After breakfast we got dressed and went to church. instead of 3 hours of church we just has sacrament meeting. There was a wonderful program telling the Christmas story, an amazing choir, and Sister H signing Silent Night.At the end of the program I was able to go up and sign with other choir and sign class members, Sister H and the interpreters all 3 verses of Silent Night. I had to stop singing shortly after beginning due to starting to cry.
We came home and opened up stockings (candy puzzles a toy car -G and nail polish -A) changed clothes and started preparing lunch. We did an easy meal this year with all finger foods and cold stuff so we could play with the kids more. We decided to do a hot meal every 2 years so I can still make yummy hot food too and R can have cold meals the other years --- this depends on R's work schedule too though as this is the 1st time he's had Christmas off in 3 years.
Grandma F came over to spend the day with us and we had fun as usual. I am so glad she lives nearby. It would really stink if we didn't have at least some extended family come.
It was a wonderful day. Remembering our Savior and his birth. good time with family, good food and lots of presents.
With doing Swagbucks and buying extra boxes of diapers and such at target I had gift cards that made some big ticket items possible this year. If you haven't looked into those yet, I suggest looking into it now so you can have some for next Christmas! Granted not all of you readers have babies to do the diaper rewards but swagbucks will work for anyone. Let me know if you want information on it. ---I'm not trying to do a plug for them, I'm just trying to help save $ if you need or want to :)
Front of the House
12 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment