This year we started some new traditions with the Christmas season too! Lots of new traditions started this year, I didn't realize how many until I'm writing these posts.
We started out with a FHE of making treats and going caroling to the kids in R and I's primary class, the sister's I visit teach, and also some families in the ward that we have become friends with. I was able to sign (all be it badly) "Silent Night" to Brother and Sister H. Sister H has been teaching sign language in her home for a while now and I have been going for over a year. Everywhere else we sang "We Wish you a Merry Christmas". Although there were quite a few houses that we ended up just leaving the plate of goodies since they weren't home.
For another FHE we made a manger scene and cut up yellow and orange paper for the family to add to baby Jesus bed when we did service for one another. We went looking at Christmas lights one night for FHE and drank hot cocoa afterwards.
We went up to Flagstaff AZ a few days before Christmas as well. It was the 2nd time A had ever been in snow and the 1st for G. The kids were so excited, almost to a point here I think more excited for snow than Christmas. We were hoping to build a snowman but the snow they had gotten the day before was icy snow and made it impossible to do much of anything but sled. Thankfully there was a kind man and his daughters that let the A and G go down the hill a few times on their sleds. I think we are going to have to buy some before we go up next year (if we're able to go). After playing in the snow for a while we went to our hotel room to warm up and rest a bit. R and I were trying to figure out other tings to do since we couldn't do much in the snow, and decided to go see the newest Muppet's movie that was in theaters still. The kids loved it did really well despite it being late and a log eventful day. After the movie we went back to the hotel and the kids got to open their Christmas pajamas even though it was a day early. After a late night (11:30 when we finally gave up getting the kids to fall asleep with a movie) an early morning, and a yummy continental breakfast we loaded the van and headed home. It was a short trip but lots of fun.
Front of the House
12 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment