Saturday, January 7, 2012

pie pie pie!

This year we started a new tradition in our family. My Relief Society president was talking about it one day and I loved the idea so we decided to start it in our family too.

The night before Thanksgiving we get together with family and friends and have PIE NIGHT! We eat some yummy soup (I tried a new recipe called black bean fajita, super yummy!), and after we have eaten dinner we eat pie. I ended up making more than I originally had planned but it was worth it. I made 2 pumpkin, a buttermilk, a dutch apple, a lemon meringue, a pistachio cream, and a cherry. Friend M brought a black forest cheesecake, and C (R's sister) brought a banana cream pie. All the kids loved it our niece R ended up getting a slice of everything.

We put the little kids down for bed and the older kids got to watch movies, and the adults all played a few rounds of a fun game called Apples to Apples.

We, or at least I know I ended up eating way too much of yummy pie, soup, and vegetables. But it was a fun new tradition that we plan on doing every year now.

No comments: