Saturday, January 7, 2012

Thanksgiving fun

For Thanksgiving this year we had a few new things to do.

A had a Thanksgiving dinner at school that parents and siblings were able to attend, the kids had made Indian head dresses and necklaces and were eating when we arrived. They had closed the gate to the school and we were able to eat on part of the road that goes around the school, picnic style. A ate most of her food and got up to play tag with her friends and classmates. G thought it looked like fun and ended up eating hardly anything. It was fun to go and see A interacting with kids in a way I don't get to see normally.

I have become a addict with a blog I discovered earlier in the year. Our Best Bites is the title just google it, if you like good food and good stories like me, you are more than likely to become an addict too :)

Well this blog had a recipe for making turkey that I thought I'd try out. I didn't brine the turkey like they said to do, nor did I have any fresh herbs on hand, but I did use the dried kind. That was one of the best turkeys I have ever had. I will most definitely be using the recipe again in the future (but be more prepared with the brine and fresh herbs).

We had our homemade potatoes, homemade stuffing (complete with the giblets), homemade cranberry sauce, fruit salad, broccoli salad, rolls (left over from pie night -thank you for leaving them C, they were awesome). Such yummy food!

We also had Grandma F come over for dinner. Its always fun to get with her and hear about projects she has going on. I want to be a Grandma like her when I get to that point in life. She keeps busy and is always happy!

Since we had pie night the night before there was pie left over but not nearly as much as there usually is, less to feel like we had to eat.

I think next year I will get A included in our cooking. I have many fond memories in the kitchen with my mom and dad getting our Thanksgiving and Christmas meals ready. I can't wait to start making those kind of memories with her!

No comments: